Duenweg City Parks
The first public water well for Duenweg was drilled in or around 1911. After water lines were installed to each home W.A. (Al) and Nellie Apple took care of the operation of the waterworks, along with their son Guy. The Apple family supplied water for the citizens of Duenweg until a new water system was approved for the City in 1956. Apple Park is located on the site where the Apple Family’s home and the old water tower once stood, at the southeast corner of Irwin and Sterling. The park has been made possible through donations made by the descendants of Al and Nellie Apple and is dedicated to their memory. The City of Duenweg would like to convey our gratitude to all of the Apple family that donated to the park project.
Apple park is open to the public from 10am-dark every day.
The Bartley family came to the Duenweg area in the late 1800s. They established mines and a blacksmith shop and the family has a long history of helping Duenweg grow to what it is today. Bartley Park is located where the Bartley family homestead once stood, behind the parking lot at 8084 E 7th Street.
News from the Park Board
- If you have an idea for an event that the Park Board should host, let us know and we’ll see if we can do it!